Zpocalypse 2: Defend The ‘Burbs is a stand alone tower defense style game, evolved from the original Zpocalypse, a survival board game set in a post-apocalyptic wasteland.
When the city was overcome, we thought, ‘This is the end.’ Then they bombed us, and we were sure it was over. Somehow, I don’t know how or why, but somehow we survived the onslaught. There were only a few of us, but we escaped the pit of hell that was the urban wasteland. They always say the suburbs have it better, right? They weren’t hit nearly as hard; we’ve found a sturdy house. It still has a roof and everything. We’re hungry, tired, and it’s a struggle to hold back the dead from their nightly assaults, but we’re still here, we’re not going down yet.
- Post-nuclear zombie apocalypse
- Co-op and versus style of play
- Modular tiles, so each play-through has variety
- Elements of a tower defense game, wrapped with tactical combat
- Instead of 1 survivor, you control a squad, this allows for the thematic death of a survivor, while the player may continue playing
- Like the original, players each control their own squad of survivors equipped to the teeth with weapons, food, and items
- Your actions as squad leader allow the survivors to choose their tasks on the daily planning board
- Each choice has limited space and will come with benefits (potential for more supplies) and costs
- With gained experience, your survivors level up on a variety skills
- Rather than picking your path for you as in the original game, now you have the ability to carve out your survival scenario for yourself
Back us on Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gbg/zpocalypse-2-defend-the-burbs